Messaging below is intended for ages 21+ and is intended to be enjoyed responsibly, in moderation: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeersAndBuns #CollectiveBias
Beer Braised Shredded Beef Sliders are the best non-traditional slider you will ever have. Slow cooked beef, beer cheese, caramelized onions on a Pepperidge Farm® soft slider bun.
I am the King of the Slider and have created many new varieties over the years. For the playoffs I came up these Beer Braised Shredded Beef Sliders which includes all my favorite ingredients: beef, cheese, beer and Pepperidge Farm® buns.
I was at my local Kroger, I am usually there every other day, picking up all my supplies to make my Beer Braised Shredded Beef Sliders and the rest of my watch party supplies. You can pick up all of your Game Day Greats like these Pepperidge Farm® buns paired with a nice Warsteiner, or your favorite pilsner-style beer, at your local Kroger. Kroger has created a Game Day Greats site to help you plan your party with coupons and discounts on these great products.
To make the beef pre-heat the oven to 275°F. Add all braised beef ingredients to a large dutch oven. Slow cook meat for 5-6 hours. Remove meat from oven and shred with two forks,
While beef cooks make the beer cheese sauce and caramelized onions. On game day, re-heat the shredded beef in a two-quart slow cooker. Heat the beer cheese sauce in another small slow cooker. Set out the caramelized onions and the Pepperidge Farm® buns and let your guests make their Beer Braised Shredded Beef Sliders throughout the day. Add a cooler full of beer and you are ready to relax and watch the games. Now if that doesn’t say Game Day Greats I don’t know what does.
- 3-4 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 onion, quartered and chopped
- 1 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 12 ounce beer, Warsteiner or other fine Pilsner
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 tsp salt and ground pepper
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk divided
- 1/2 cup beer Warsteiner or other fine Pilsner
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper optional
- 3 cups good quality extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 large onions sliced very thin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup beer, Warsteiner or other fine Pilsner
- 3 Packages Pepperidge Farm® Slider Buns
- Pre-heat oven to 275°F.
- In a large Dutch oven, combine beef, onion soup mix, onions, garlic, oregano, rosemary, beer, and broth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until beef is tender and can be pulled apart with a fork, 5 to 6 hours.
- Shred beef with two forks. Discard fat.
- Moisten beef with 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour.
- Remove pan from the heat and whisk in 2 tablespoons of the milk until smooth.
- Whisk in 2 more tablespoons. Continue whisking in a 1/4 cup of the milk at a time until smooth.
- Stir in the beer, Dijon mustard, salt, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Return the pan to medium heat and stir until thick and bubbling, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese one cup at a time, whisking after each addition to melt it in.
- Serve warm.
- Melt oil and butter in a large heavy skillet, over medium heat.
- Add the onions and stir to coat.
- Stir in the salt, sugar and beer. and a pinch of salt.
- Let the onions cook slowly. Don’t rush them. Turn to make sure they are browning evenly.
- Continue stirring onions and if they stick to the bottom of the skillet add a little more beer to deglaze the pan.
- Continue stirring the onions until they have reached a dark caramel color.
First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com ©2017
I will be bringing my Beer Braised Shredded Beef Sliders to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
Try a few more of my slider creations;